Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our 4th of July

We went to the big city celebration at 10:30 in the morning at Bidwell park. It was so hot we went home after about an hour of being there.


We let them take really long naps and then we went to our friends Megan and Mike Meyer for a BBQ. They live in Oroville and are allowed to have personal fireworks there. I was SOO excited!! This is our 4th year being in Chico and we haven't been able to bang a piccolo pete, blow stuff up, or burn ourselves- needles to say I was over joyed with a chance to do so. The Meyers had another family come over for the BBQ so there were 7 kids under 7 and 5 of them were under 3.


We got this great idea to take the car seats out of t he car and strap the kids in so they wouldn't jump up and run for the fireworks. I thought it was brilliant! So the three girls helped the kids cover their ears or hold sparklers and the men blew the stuff up.

Here is a picture of Adam and I... and a little bit of Mike too, while we lit the fireworks off.



I have never in my life made jell-o. I don't really like it all that much. I got a wild hair this year to make a layered jell-o flag mold for the BBQ. Because I had no clue what I was doing, I thought an hour would be completely fine to make a jell-o and let it set. Haha not so my friends!! I went to take it out of the fridge and I spilled it all down my white shirt so I had to borrow a shirt from Megan.

Here's how my horrible mold turned out. I am never doing this again....

No comments:

Post a Comment