Monday, June 27, 2011

Toddler Beds

While on vacation Kiersten learned how to climb out of her pack and play. I am a huge ditz and I don't want the kids to try and and climb out of their cribs and fall and hurt themselves.
We got home on a Thursday evening so on Saturday I went to a garage sale and found a toddler bed for $50 but was able to talk them down to $25- Awesome!!
Saturday we assembled the one toddler bed we found on clearance for a super good price a few months ago. We let the kids play in their beds that afternoon while we unscrewed and took down their two cribs. They LOVED their new beds and played for more than an hour in there.

Kiersten's bed is SUPPOSED to the wood one and Bradley has the bed with Lightning McQueen.

Kiersten would not have that and was very adamant on having the cars bed. Bradley doesn't care too much and just wants to cuddle Kiersten.

The first night took one hour and 40 minutes. The kept jumping up and switching beds and playing with each other. Thank Heavens Tara was staying the weekend and helped me with it! The first hour was hysterical and I did the best I could not to give the kids eye contact or talk to them. I come out in the living room and Tara and I would laugh so hard at the silly things they would do for attention.
The last 4o minutes Tara stood in the corner of their room and would be silent and put them back in their bed when they jumped up. They finally gave up and went to sleep and slept all night.
The second night we took them to the park to wear them out. They fell right to sleep and we didn't have to go in their once! I of course couldn't stand not knowing where they were sleeping or what they were doing so I checked on them an hour later. This is what I found:
I took a picture and then Adam picked her up to put her back in bed.

Today's nap was a totally different story! Kiersten played the entire time and Bradley maybe got 30 minutes of sleep before Kiersten jumped on him and woke him up. After being in their room for 2 hours ( what a normal nap time runs) we let them out. Hopefully they sleep really good tonight since they skipped naps!

1 comment:

  1. you're doing the right thing, i promise it will get easier, and unfortunately naps tend to get phased in and out around this age because of the bed issue. but it does make them sleep better at night!

    ReplyDelete