Sunday, July 17, 2011

Naptime Nightmares!

Naptimes don't always work out too well. I am almost at my wits end!!
Friday I took a shower after putting them down for a nap. When I was done I heard high pitch screaming coming from Kiersten. I get dressed and go in their room to investigate. Bradley had pinned Kiersten down into a tiny ball in the corner and was bouncing up and down on her.

Yesterday we put them down for a nap and found this


They had pulled the drawers out of the dresser to use it like a ladder and climbed up. Then pulled the blanket off that I had on a curtain rod as a black out curtain and were playing with the blinds.
They were quiet about it to and we were across the house so when we heard the blinds being played with we knew something was wrong.
We let them out of their nap time and re arranged to room so the dresser in on the opposite wall and nothing in under the window now.

Maybe I should push nap times back further so they are more tired and will actually sleep.
All I know is that the kids love climbing the dresser, stealing pacifiers, and even the socks off the other ones feet.
Sometimes I will stand in the corner and be silent and wont look at them and when they climb out of bed I quietly put them back in bed. But it gets frustrating really fast. This was also how I found out about the sock thief Bradley.
Oh and now Bradley is throwing huge temper tantrums because he's tired all the time. I mean like monumentally huge and screaming and thrashing on the floor bad.
Ugh... help??

No comments:

Post a Comment