Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ugh..Stupid Potty training...

This whole post is about potty training. If you don't want to hear about pee then sorry my friends, this wont be fun!
So yea it didn't work. I did my best to do it though! I was so excited to start in the morning- I pep talked myself to get ready for it and hype myself up for the misery that would soon follow. One major problem was trying to attack it by myself with two kiddos. Adam worked from 2-7 that morning and had to sleep for a few hours. After going crazy around 9 I woke him up to join me. With two of us we got about 5 successes in their potties.
During nap time Adam left and was gone for longer than I thought. About two hours after nap times the twins and I were hanging out in the kitchen/ dining area. My moment of "I am so done hand me those blasted diapers!!" was when Bradley decided to deliberately pee on my cabinets. I grabbed him and put him on his potty and he got some in the bowl. We did our celebration because at least SOME got in the bowl. When I went to go clean the cabinets Bradley was still sitting down. He jumped up and Kiersten grabbed the bowl and flung the pee all over the room. OMG I AM DONE!
Of course Adam came home about a minute after that.
I really liked the concept of this method and we will try it all again in a few months. Oh and the funny thing was that even though the deal breaker was with Bradley peeing, he was the one who grasped the concept much better than Kiersten. So I kind of debunked the girls are better and faster at potty training. It's all an individual thing.
We'll see in a few months...

1 comment:

  1. hey, it's siri. just started my own blog to follow my friends :> YOU for sure ! so . . i am one who forgot the day. can probably go back and find it, but feel free to remind me. love you to bits. not fairing well in the heat but hoping for some wind and shade that day. LOVE LOVE LOVE !

    ReplyDelete