Monday, April 30, 2012

My Difficult weekend

I had my D&C on Friday. It wasn't difficult physically, but mentally it was the hardest thing I had to do. I went to the ambulatory services, which in the hospital I went to, is just around the corner from the maternity ward. I was the very first bed to the door and could see the hall way. And really, why do the nurses have to ask such STUPID questions?!? For example- is there any chance that your pregnant right now? Uhh. That's why I am here... So just before I wheeled to the OR a new mom walked past with her tiny baby and all her flowers and balloons. Oh I just lost it and just cried and cried. While waiting in the per-operating room- which because they were busy I was hanging with the copier machine and water cooler... This nurse walks up and says "You look like your sad- I feel like I should cheer you up". Then she told me the WORST story you could ever tell someone in my situation at the time. Apparently when she was pregnant with her last, she miscarried and was going to have a d&C. Well I guess last minute while they were wheeling her in the OR they noticed hers labs were doing better and they did an ultrasound and saw the baby was still alive and doing well so they canceled the D&C- last minute. REALLY?! Why would you say that to someone who is going in to the OR any second and is already crying? I know she was trying to be nice, but good heavens, Share a different story. In the recovery room the ONLY rocking chair in the huge room was right next to my bed. I know I was WAY sensitive but anything was making me cry. Then the guy next to me just kept complaining over and over. The nurses at the station were chatting about a brand new baby boy that was born. They were swooning over his picture and just kept going on and on. I started crying...again... and my nurse comes over and asked what was wrong. I asked her to tell the nurses to change the topic and my nurse YELLED across the room- Hey zip it! The nurses apologized and it sure shut the guy up next me! Oh anyway! I didn't have much pain till Saturday. I felt like things flip flopped. I got my last good cry in and am coming around to acceptance and am doing better with the loss. Pain wise though- Oh man! I was HURTING Saturday! I tried to stay in bed all day or lay down while Donna took the kids to the Children's Fair. I HATE vicodin. Well, it doesn't really work for me and I don't want it because of the addictive capability of it. My dr told me to stop being stubborn and to take two of my medicine to help me heal. I slept WELL Saturday night! Well, heh, actually, I didn't really wake up till 3pm on Sunday. Today is Monday. Donna is home, Adam is at school till 5:30pm, and I am by myself. I went to the gym today and went to spin class for 30 min. Mostly...I just put the kids in day care haha. I went super easy on the spin bike and then took a nap on the chairs out back for a little bit. Both the mental and physical pain is getting better. Do you know how many ensign articles mention miscarriages?? A LOT. There was even a How To survive one- for the mother, Father, and a friend. I thought it was really cool. Soo...That's how I am doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment