Friday, May 4, 2012

This year's garden

Last year's garden was a FAIL. The dirt patch in our backyard was filled with junk for the first two layers (which I did my best to clean) and then clay after that. Doesn't help when you have rude neighbors that poor their sodas from their balcony into my garden. I mean seriously?! You can't see my plants and cute little signs? OOh well, on a better note! This year I decided to plant buckets and pots and not put anything in the ground.
Here is our first phase of the garden. I have things in tiny cups till they sprout. Left to right we cilantro in clay pots, watermelon in the brown disposables, zucchinis in the dixie cups, and then a sunflower in the small green one. Oh, and of course an awesome tomato plant on the ground in a pot. I didn't really want to plant watermelon but it was a really cute kit of Larry the cucumber and the tomato dude. Kiersten used up all the stickers on the way home though. Silly kid! I'm thinking we'll sprout it and then give it away when it gets too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment