Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My week of appointments

Its been a tough week! Monday started it with my headache and scared the heck out of me. Yesterday I went for my non-stress tests and the boy almost failed because his heart wouldn't go 15 beats above baseline. The nurse stood there the entire time and it kept me wondering why she wasn't leaving and then she started gently moving my stomach on the right side and I finally asked- sooo what exactly are you doing? She said trying to make his heart go 15 above because it had only gone 10 above till this point. Well right then it went 15 above and I laughed and said, all you had to do was ask him! Then five minutes later my test was over so we made that one by the skin of our teeth haha.
So today we had a scare with our ultrasound. I think I took it more grimly because our technician was rude and she just rubbed me the wrong way. I asked why is it so dark? My last three haven't been this dark! She said, well hun, I don't know what you want me to tell you and I don't know what your looking for. Techs have their different setting and preferences.
So she spent a long time on the umbilical cord of twin B- AKA our little girl, and then she asked me to hold my breath which I thought was really weird. So after a while and a few tests of bloodflow she moved on.
The Doctor came in to go over results and she said that our girl wasn't having proper blood exchange in her cord and that the flow wasn't as good as it could be. It could probably be because the cord is in a tight spot or that her placenta is giving out. I'll fax this to your dr now and he'll go over what the game plan is. If you haven't delivered in 4 weeks, which you probably will, reschedule for another measurement.
...What?? I freaked! So I called my stepmom who I go to for comfort usually and she freaked me out even more!! So I try to get a hold of my dr and say please call me tonight!! All I know is that the placenta could be giving out and this might be why she is so much smaller than the boy. Well, that's not too comforting! The dr finally calls back and says, hmm haven't gotten a fax in yet so did she say to go to the hospital? No. Did she say to be on bedrest? No. Well what did she say? Well, that you would go over it and tell me what to do. Well, it can't be that bad if she left it up for me.
So he's going to go over it tomorrow and then I'll get a call. I'm worried, but at the same time, every blessing that I have had since I've been pregnant said that my babies would be healthy. So in the meantime, the non-stress tests are the best thing I can do.

So Bradley is 4lb13 oz and Kiertsen is 3lb 8 oz. Geez! He is 3 oz shy of five pounds!! can you imagine if he went another 8 weeks? He would be 10 pounds by himself!

Soo happy thoughts until I talk to my dr again : /

1 comment:

  1. Katie my dear, even if things turn out that you need to deliver early, don't be worried, they are quite big to be born early, i mean some people have early babies at 1 pound that survive, so be grateful for the weight they have! the best thing you can do iss remember to lay on your left side, that gives the babies the best blood flow possible. And even though the blood flow may not be what they would like, if the tech didn't freak out and have some one tell you that minute to go to the hospital, then they think it's enough to survive on for a while at least. Be calm, that is a great thing to do for the babies. they are doing well, minor things feel much bigger than they are when you're in the middle of this, but it will all be OK i promise! and besides the weights they give you are still a guess anyway, they could be bigger still. you never know! keep me posted or freakin call me would you!

    ReplyDelete