Monday, August 17, 2009

Appts out my ears!

What a busy week! And they are getting busier....
My doctor wants me to do the non-stress tests twice a week until I deliver. So I will have three appts a week. Then Adam is going to the Chiropractor three times a week and he starts school next week. Aaaah! SO busy!!!
At my last appt the Dr measured me and I grew 6cm in TWO WEEKS. so I am now 44cm and i sure do feel it! With all the stares...I was at the mall this weekend and I passed a group of teens and they said holy cow did you see how big she was?? So I turned around and said why thank you! And yes, I did hear that!! I feel like not going out in public anymore. I think I'll stick only to church, meetings, and Dr appts.
So I had a baby shower this Saturday. Not that many people showed up but I had a lot of fun! We played a game were you molded a baby out of bubble gum. I wanted to do it also just for fun although I had to judge. Mine turned out horrible! The first was supposed to be a baby crawling which turned out to look like a flea. The second attempt was a swaddled baby which looked like a blob. So Kimberely and Julia tied. Kimberely made a set of b/g twins and Julia made a very detailed baby with clothes, hair, and a pacifier. They were very cute! Everyone said that Kimberely cheated with the twins haha.
Adam went on a camping retreat with the Band Staff to plan the next years band activities. Boy was I nervous! Two and a half days without him and absolutly no cell phone reception! What worried me the most was Sunday afternoon checkout was at 2 and it was a two hour drive according to mapquest. So five rolls around and his cell is dead so can't get ahold of him and the guy he is driving up there with has his phone off too. I ended up leaving a note and going over to Stacie's for dinner without him and just waited for him to call because it was better than sitting and waiting at home.
So while at church Sunday I met a new person who moved into our ward- Adam's new teacher at the University who is in charge of music education- which is what Adam is majoring in. So I ditched my normal classes to get to know her a little better. She seems really nice and enjoyed having me go with her to RS. It was funny, I was excited that she was in our ward so I did a no-no and texted Adam during sacrament meeting haha.

So Anyways...I had a bad day today! I woke up this morning and I could not get out of bed because I was in so much pain! I had to wait till Adam got home at 8:30 to help me out of bed and then I could barely walk down the hall! Every joint hurt and I couldnt bend my hands to move my pillow where I wanted it. I tried picking up a pillow off the floor and it hurt soo bad because I couldnt grasp on to it. I also had a really bad headache for a couple of hours and had to make phone calls which really hurt! My stepmom told me that headaches were bad news being preggo so I went to the dr's to get my bp checked and my first was 168 then when she re-did it the 2nd was 140/70 which is still high for me. So I was told to go home and stay in bed all day and take tylenol and if my headache didnt go away then I was to go to the hosp. But since I am already going to the hospital tomorrow for monitoring I didn't want to go in for my small dull headache because it did get better from that morning and I didn't want to be there for hours tonight because I'll be there for at least an hour and a half tomorrow.
Well, I am going to go to bed because its way passed my bedtime :)
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. yes katie, headaches are a big deal becuase it can be a sign of having a stroke, not a good idea to do that while pregnant or even at all! Keep an eye on all this would ya! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete