Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blessed

So lately I have been really worried about gathering all the things we need for our twins. All we had was a crib under construction, a dresser, car seats, and clothes. When we had our shower in Modesto we got a lot of nice things but not our major essentials.
I had been depressed lately from all the mix of hormones, stress, and being miserable from being so huge! (I grew 6 cm in two weeks from my last appt- huge jump!!) So today was a particularly bad day because I ached all over and just let stress break me down and I started crying. I had a meeting to go to tonight but because my feet and legs are so swollen I decided to stay home instead. And besides, Adam has to go to work at midnight tonight so that would mean I would have to drive myself to the meeting and I hate driving the stick.
So Adam and I went to bed around 7:30 so he could wake up early and I left my cell phone in the living room and I had a feeling I should go and get my phone but didn't. So around 9 we heard knocking on the door and they wouldn't stop knocking. At first we thought, they'll go away but the knocking got louder and kept going. So I sent Adam out to investigate and thought I should get dressed too and see what was going on.

Well, two sisters at the meeting that I go to knew that I was having a tough time gathering things so they asked their ward for any baby things they had and they had borrowed a truck to drop everything off. I wasn't answering my cell so they couldn't warn me that they were coming over and because they were borrowing a truck, they had to drop it off tonight. They had collected so much stuff from their ward for me!! They brought two pack and plays, two bouncers, and tub full of just boy clothes, a bag that has several things of formula, and other things. One of the bouncers was older so they made a new cover with jungle animals and new dangles and it turned out soo cute! I am so grateful for the boy clothes because we had only gathered a majority of girl clothes up to this point. Also Krisha gave me a box earlier in the week of some much needed cute church clothes for boys.

I am so grateful to be a member of the church!! If it wasn't for the church, I would not have met so many wonderful people from our ward and stake who have provided so many things for us. I am grateful to pay tithing because every month we have been able to get all of our bills paid by some unexpected means. I am just SOOO GRATEFUL right now and all of these blessings could not have come at a better time! It is so touching that when I was at my lowest yet the Lord provided for us. What a testimony builder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment