Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Mischief Makers!

What do these three things have in common?

Well these are the things my kids have used this week to cause mischief!!

A few weeks ago we lost the remote and went crazy to find it! I searched everywhere I could think of- tore the couch apart almost daily looking for it, moved things around, looked underthings, etc! So yesterday morning I moved my sewing machine, which was sitting on the floor in the living room against the wall, and the remote fell to the floor! I was so amazed and happy I called Adam at school to tell him we don't have to go crazy anymore!!

Well Boy was I wrong... So later that day Bradley sensed somehow that mischief was at a low so he grabbed our Mac mouse which is wireless and he hid it from us! We looked for an hour for that stupid thing! We knew it had to be somewhere low and obvious so we got on our hands and knees to look for it- still no luck. So a couple hours later I decided to look through the blinds and I found it hidden in the corner behind the closed blinds. He must have stood on his tippy toes and stretched to put it there because the desk overlaps the window by over a foot.

Ok, found that- check! What mischief can we get into next??

So there are flip locks on our front door and back door below the door knob and also above it. When we first moved in I thought- hmm this might cause problems in the future but then I never did anything about it. So today I learned my lesson and did something about it!!
The twins woke up from their nap and were playing in the living room. I had done a ton of shredding papers during their naps and I wanted to take the trash out before they got into it and made a huge mess. So lah-dee-dah take the trash out....come back from the dumpster and I can't open the door!! WHAT?? The knob turns but the door wont budge! Bradley starts crying on the otherside so I knew he was there and was the one to flip the lock. I knock on my neighbors door because I started to freak out that I was locked out and Adam was at school so he's no help. I had her get her step ladder so I can jump the patio fence and go through the back door ( thank goodness I live down stairs now!!) I thought, hmm let me try to open the door one more time before I make a fool out of my self jumping the fence and then the door opened! So first thing I did was put the kids in their high chairs and I unscrewed those stupid locks off of both doors so it couldn't happen again!

Next question is- What does tomorrow lay in store for us?? I hope you won't see us on the evening news for our house being burned down!

3 comments:

  1. who puts flip locks that low on a door? Weird! Unless maybe the previous tenants were midgets? Because our flip lock is way up high on the door specifically so that only an adult can flip it. Glad you got back in though that could be seriously scary!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question: Why were the kids inside alone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were inside alone because I was taking the trash out and the dumpster is only 50 feet away. Adam was at school and if I put the bag of trash next to the door the kids will knock it over and pull things out and spread it everywhere. They have never ripped the trash open like dogs they just know how to grab something they are not suppose to get into and spread it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete