Monday, January 7, 2013

I survived my first semester back!

I am so proud to say I survived my first semester back to school after having kids! The one thing that made it possible was that the kids were enrolled in THE BEST preschool program EVER!! I have NEVER heard a bad comment about their school. Sorry I wont say on the blog which preschool they are in because my blog is not private. And my grades for the semester?? Straight A's baby! In the two classes I found out percentages they were a 98% and a 97%- booyah! My classes were: Public speaking Cultural Geography Soccer- UGH! This teacher drove me CRAZY!!! Constantly canceled class without an email or note on the door!! English 2- This teacher was super nice! Also, on a weird note, she was the mother in law of the principal where Adam student teaches. Funny huh? And finally- Piano. I developed a "relationship" with the practice room. We laughed, cried, and occasionally "he" let me take a nap on the floor using my backpack as a pillow. It was not easy! There were many tears (by myself and the kids of course!) and many late nights turning papers in under the wire. Adam is in the credential program and at times I felt I was a single mom!!! Adam student teaches 30 minutes away at a middle school in the band program. Because we only have the one van, Adam carpools with four other teachers. He leaves at 6:30 am and comes home anywhere from the earliest at 1:30 (if he drives and its a minimum day) to 4:30 with the carpool. He then has night class for the credential program three nights a week and a meeting every other Monday. Add in both of our homework loads! Oyvey! It was busy! There were many "picnics" in Adam's night classrooms. In order for the kids to see Adam for the day, Adam and I would grab dinner, pick up the kids from preschool, then go eat dinner in Adam's classroom. One teacher was very understanding and always made sure the room was open half an hour earlier for us. He was so nice!! The kids and I had to learn to take the bus when Adam needed the car. The kids loved it because it meant no car seats but there were times I HATED it because the crazies on the bus. FYI- if you live in Chico- NEVER EVER EVER take the 15S!! This route goes by two homeless shelters and Walmart- NOT the best people take this bus... I have left this bus, burst into tears, and wanted to punch someone in the face. Why do I keep taking this stupid line?!? Well, it comes and leaves twice as often as my normal route. SO random-funny-bus-related-story-tangent :) One day I was hopping on the bus at the stop across the street from my place headed to my afternoon class. At the exact same time Adam pulled into our place from teaching for the day. We waved to each other like two ships passing in the night. It made me laugh at least :) Anywho! We are now on winter intermission waiting for school to start back again. Adam started back to student teaching and he is now taking over the classroom and doing the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment